Advanced Altitude Management
Apple App Store users, try AltitudeAlert FREE for 30 Days!
AltitudeAlert is now available on the GEOINT App Store for
Department of Defense and Intelligence Community users!
Download from the GEOINT App Store*:
See what the industry is saying about AltitudeAlert...
So why AltitudeAlert?
In a 5 year study of NASA’s ASRS (Aviation Safety Reporting System) done be Battelle Laboratories. It was determined that of all types of pilot deviations reported, altitude deviations were clearly the most significant deviation statistically. Twice as much, in fact to the next closest deviation type. AltitudeAlert was created specifically to help pilots manage their altitude in the complex airspace we all operate in.
What is AltitudeAlert?
AltitudeAlert is an Advanced Altitude Management System. Integrated with ‘pilot designed’ flexible IFR altitude alerting, VNAV (Vertical Navigation), and a simple, yet powerful VFR altitude hold mode. AltitudeAlert is the first App to bring advanced altitude management to ALL pilots.
- VNAV (Vertical Navigation) gives you unparalleled control of altitude. Use VNAV to define precisely HOW, WHEN and WHERE you want to be at a certain altitude. With customizable settings, you define how VNAV will work.
- ALT HOLD Mode is specifically designed for VFR pilots requiring virtually no setup. Just tap the button and AltitudeAlert will monitor your current altitude. This mode is great for student pilots, formation flying, and pilots of vintage, ultralight, and light sport aircraft with minimal instrumentation.
- Apple Watch* Integration generates haptic (tactile) alerts and quick reference to the currently selected altitude or ALT HOLD status. *iPhone required.
- Never miss an altitude assignment again. Set the altitude and AltitudeAlert alerts you prior to reaching it and again when you acquire it. Spoken alert announcements are customizable. Choose from a single chime or chime plus altitude remaining.
- Need to shoot an approach? No problem! Set the minimums and AltitudeAlert will alert you 100′ above minimums and again at minimums.**
- Try AltitudeAlert for 30 days FREE!
Choose from two subscriptions types based on how much you fly:
$1.49/Monthly USD or $12.99/Annually USD*
* Payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the end of the free trial period. Your subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during and active subscription period.
APP FEATURES (Check this out!):
- VNAV (Vertical Navigation). Plan precisely WHERE, WHEN, and HOW you will arrive at a selected altitude.
- Universal App! AltitudeAlert is integrated into ALL of your mobile devices, giving you an unprecedented level of flexibility.
- iPad version run’s along side or in the background while using your favorite EFB App, i.e. Foreflight, Garmin Pilot, FlyQEFB, etc.
- Approach Minimums Alerting.**
- Altitude Hold Mode (ALT HOLD) specifically designed for VFR pilots.
- Automatic ground reference alerting at 1000′ and 500′ above touchdown with landing gear alerts.
- Supplemental oxygen alerts for both pilot and passengers.
**Barometric sensor required (see HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS below).
For iPads and iPhones WITHOUT a barometric sensor. AltitudeAlert uses GPS Altitude based alerting that uses a special algorithm to correct for GPS altitude error (usually within 200 ft).
*** HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS ***
All iPads need to have Wifi + Cellular (Wifi ONLY requires an EXTERNAL GPS* connected to the iPad such as Bad Elf Pro).
* Appareo Stratus 1/2/3 and uAvionix Sentry External GPS Not Supported at this time.
To use the barometric features of the app (iPads that DO have the barometric sensor):
• iPad Mini 4 or newer
• iPad Air 2 or newer
• iPad 5th Generation or higher
• iPad Pro (any size) or newer
Minimum hardware requirements for GPS based alerting ONLY (iPads that do NOT have the barometric sensor):
• iPad 4th Generation or older
• iPad Mini 3 or older
• iPad Air
• Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) or newer
To use the barometric features of the app (iPhones that DO have the barometric sensor):
• ALL iPhones EXCEPT, iPhone 5s, SE. Older iPhones NOT SUPPORTED.
If you have an iPhone 5s or SE, AltitudeAlert will be limited to GPS Based alerting (See the User Guide for details).
*** PLEASE NOTE, AltitudeAlert V3 is a universal app for both iPad and iPhone. AltitudeAlert for iPad V2 and AltitudeAlert Mini V2 are separate apps and sold SEPARATELY.
AltitudeAlert SELECTOR Mode is intended for use in aircraft without a panel mounted altitude preselector/altitude alerter. If you have a panel mounted altitude preselector/altitude alerter, this App may be duplicating functionality you already have. However, ALT HOLD mode is a simplified mode that is perfect for ALL Pilots regardless of any installed panel alerters.
Barometric pressure sensing features will NOT work correctly in PRESSURIZED aircraft. In this case, use GPS based alerting and reference the User Guide for more info.