AltitudeAlert is the first GPS altitude based alerting app for General Aviation pilots using the iPad or iPhone.
Designed with the IFR pilots in mind, AltitudeAlert provides a capability once only allowed to those with a panel mounted altitude preselector, but at a fraction of the price.
• Never again worry about searching for a piece of paper to write down and remember your altitude clearances.
• GPS Altitude based alerting!!! NO SEPARATE BAROMETRIC PRESSURE DEVICE REQUIRED. Yes, you read that correctly. Altitude Alert uses a special algorithm to correct for the GPS altitude error that increases with the increase of altitude.
• Altitude Alerting and Monitoring.
• Alerting for supplemental oxygen use for both pilot and passengers.
• GPS accuracy monitoring.
• Pilots that primarily rent aircraft will immediately see the safety benefit in all aircraft that they rent.
• Aircraft owners will see the safety benefits without the high cost of adding a panel mounted altitude preselector or a separate iPad connected barometric pressure sensor.
*** AltitudeAlert is available SEPARATELY for iPhone or iPad in the App Store. ***
HARDWARE & SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
• 5S, SE, 6, 6+, 7, 7+, 8, 8+, and iPhone X.
• iPad Air or newer, iPad Mini 2 or newer, iPad Pro.
• iOS 9.3 or Higher for iPad. iOS 11 or Higher for iPhone.
• ALT Setting Switch to toggle local altimeter in either In Hg or hPa.
• Under the hood optimizations & Bug Fixes.
• Land Mode Optimization.
• Bug Fixes.
• Initial Launch.
• New Alert Parameter Settings! Now you can control at what altitude AltitudeAlert generates its alerts.
• Enhanced Alert Testing for testing your iPad and headset prior to flight.
• Bug fixes and improvements.
• ALT Setting Switch to toggle local altimeter in either In Hg or hPa
• Under the hood optimizations
• Corrected a display bug when the User Interface was "Swiped In"
• Altitude Quick Sync.
• Corrected a bug uncovered that inhibited the iPad GPS from being activated in iOS 11.
• Small UI fix when using AltitudeAlert in landscape mode while the in "Slide in" with another App.
• Introducing the new and improved LANDING MODE monitoring!
• This safety feature has only been available to pilots with more sophisticated GPWS or EGPWS systems.
• When the Landing Mode is selected manually (or automatically), AltitudeAlert will generate a 1000' and 500' alert.
• For pilots of retractable gear aircraft, "Check Landing Gear Down" is added to the 500' alert (see the User Guide in the HOW TO section).
• iOS 11 Compatibility.
• Under the hood optimizations and squashed bugs.
• Updated to work with iOS 10 and take advantage of iOS 10's new enhanced Notifications!
• Redesigned User Interface.
• "Touch Zones" with popup numeric entry pads added for manual adjustments.
• Added a Test Audio button to set audio alert levels prior to takeoff.
Control your "Altitude"!
© 2017 Raymond Chase, All rights reserved
Now Available for iPhone and iPad!